Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hard Facts

So I was talking to my friend, and she kept going on about this issue that just can't be helped. So I told her that there's nothing we can do about it, and that we'll just have to accept the facts and move on. She didn't seem entirely satisfied with the answer, but sometimes the truth isn't something that you want to hear.

One thing that I wish I had thought of at that time during our conversation is that when we accept the facts and just move on, we're freeing up space in our mind to devote our thinking to more worthwhile causes or issues. I wish I could've thought of this sooner and shared it with her. Perhaps next time if this similar issue pops up.

Accepting the truth on its own isn't entirely settling for the mind. For me, I'll accompany the hard facts with another comforting truth that comes along with it. For example, moving on and working on something that's more worthwhile.

I don't claim to know everything about life. I come to conclusions every now and then, and make amends to them whenever I find a more solid proof as I move along in life. I love to share my findings with my friends as I go along with it. Just sharing and discussing. It would feel too empty and one sided if I'm the only one contributing to the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment