Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Odd Comatose Dream

I had a weird dream last night. I woke up from a coma, at home (a really nice version of it in my dream, lol), to find that my mother and siblings are there taking care of me, all the while I was in a coma. I didn't think I was out that long, but they told me I was comatose for two years. Lol. I also remember flashes of being in the hospital and the iv tube. The dream got me so confused as I have never dreamt of being comatose, but below are excerpts from websites that I found online, and I love, love, love the third paragraph. The fifth and sixth paragraphs also feels true. The last paragraph really does describe my feeling after "waking up" from the 2 year coma, at peace and clueless as to how long I've been gone, lol.


Coma

To dream being in a coma represents helplessness, total dependency on others, or an inability to function. Feeling totally impotent to take action or do things for yourself. It may also reflect an inability to do things for yourself.

Alternatively, a coma may reflect some area of your life that has been permanently sidetracked or delayed until further notice. Feeling an unbearable sense of uncertainty while you wait for something to be restored to normal.

To dream of waking up from a coma represents a new sense of control over your life and gaining powerful insight into your problems. You are relying less on others and dealing with your own problems. A long period of being sidetracked or powerless may have come to an end.



To see or dream that you are in a hospital, symbolizes your need to heal or improve your physical or mental heath. You need to get back to the flow of everyday life. Alternatively, it suggests that you are giving up control of your own body or that you are afraid of losing control of your body

If you are in a coma it could suggest that events or hurts in your life have caused you to withdraw or be largely incapable of interacting with other people and events. It can also portray a situation in which you have become unconscious or unaware of what is going on around you and have turned inwards.

But in most cases this is probably depicting a part of you hurt at some time and it closed down. For instance if you have been deeply hurt emotionally in a relationship, you may still go on being capable of relating at a certain level, but the part of you that enters deeply into sexual and emotional relationships may have closed down, as in a coma.

Dreaming about this usually means you have become more aware of the situation and there is an opportunity to heal and awaken that facet of yourself.

A person can wake up out of a coma and say that they are totally well rested, not even knowing that they spent the last 20 years asleep and out of their minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment