Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Human Tragedy

What gets to me everytime, is how heartless and cruel people can get. If I see any sort of violence, it would take me some time to get over that sight, and the thought of the people committing it. For example the snatch thief that I recently encountered, I feel really sad how inhuman he can get and that look on his face as he was committing the crime. I didn't see any ounce of humanity in his eyes as he was riding up to me, just moments before he mercilessly snatched my wallet right out of my hands. And that look gets to me everytime I think of it. It's just hard to imagine how he could be driven to commit such a crime towards another fellow human being. Inhumane acts, even though some of those acts have nothing to do with me,  it hurts me when I try to comprehend how those people could commit them. I don't know why I feel so affected and like it has personally hurt me even though I may not be the victim of them all. I don't think I could ever survive in a rough neighborhood. Everyday in a place like that, a part of me would be dying bit by bit on the inside. Perhaps that's what has driven some people to the point of being inhuman - A tragic chance of being born into a merciless world.

No comments:

Post a Comment